Basic presentation requirements
- ✔ Presentation format: PPT.doc or PPT.docx.
- ✔ MAC-compatible presentation.
- ✔ Please take steps to compress any videos.
- ✔ Each slide should be concise, uncluttered and readable from a distance; include only key words and phrases for visual reinforcement. Avoid lengthy text.
AV Set up
- ✔ Basic AV setup will be provided: laser pointer, cordless mike, desktop mike, basic sound system.
- ✔ If you have any audio/video to be played, they should be checked in with the AV team 24 hours before your presentation.
- ✔ Upload your presentation at least 3 days before traveling to the conference venue.
Go to the presentation upload site and upload your presentation slides.
- ✔ Use the email address you provided when submitting your abstract. Once logged in, follow the instructions on the screen.
- ✔ You can also email the presentation to the designated conference email ID.
- ✔ All presentations will be downloaded to your session room on the day of your presentation.
- ✔ The presentations will be loaded prior to your session with the name "first name_last name and date / session".
OR upload your presentation at the registration desk:
- ✔ It is recommended to upload your presentation 3 days before the conference start date. If you are unable to send it, you can always upload your presentation (save the presentation on a USB Flash drive) at the lectern during the break preceding your scheduled presentation. The USB Flash drive will be scanned before transferring the presentation to the presentation folder.
- ✔ Once you have completed your presentation it will be permanently removed. (Optionally it may be selected for the presentation library maintained by USG.)
Considerations for PC Users [create on PC then move to Mac]
- ✔ Appropriate extension usage: use .PPTX, .PPSX if saving from PowerPoint 2007/2008/2010/2011 format or use .PPT or .PPS if saving to an earlier-version format or saving from an earlier version.
- ✔ Copy the media file to the folder where the PowerPoint file is, and only then insert it; otherwise links to most media files will break.
- ✔ AVI or MPEG are better choice files for videos or sounds; don't use WMV (Windows Media Player).
- ✔ Usage of fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and Symbol are best presented on MACS.
- ✔ Don't squeeze your text into placeholders: Text rendering on PC vs MAC (font substitution) can cause your squeezed text to get cut off by text boxes.